Casting Call for Singers and Dancers for ‘Marian Lost in Fiction’ at The Orlando Fringe
About ‘Marian Lost in Fiction’
Marian Lost in Fiction is a one hour musical that tells the amazing adventures of Marian, an assistant librarian. When a violent storm mixes up the stories in the story book, Marian goes on a world of adventures. Cheshire Cat is Marian’s guide through these interesting adventures that take her across many different fictitious worlds. In this musical, you will be taken to Hogwarts, Neverland, the Arena, Westeros, Oz, and Longburn.
Several characters from Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Peter Pan and other famous works join their force. Marian searches for who created the storm and fights her hardest for justice. The show is produced and written by Phoenix Tears Productions. This script is original, along with musical numbers from Broadway tunes.
Casting Directors are Looking for Singers and Dancers for ‘Marian Lost in Fiction’ at Fringe in Orlando, Florida
Casting directors are looking for singers who can prepare for a monologue and a song on January 7, 2016 and January 8, 2016. They are also searching for dancers to audition on January 9th, 2016. The casting team will see and conduct individual auditions on a first come, first served basis.
If you have the talent and don’t want to miss the chance to perform with characters from several great works of fiction, then apply as soon as possible.
Casting Call Notice
Auditions will be held on Thursday, January 7th, 2016 and Friday, January 8th, 2016 from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Dancers can audition on Saturday, January 9th, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. The auditions will be conducted on a first come and first served basis.
What To Do For the Auditions – January 7, 2016 and January 8, 2016
You have to prepare a 1 – 2 minute monologue and a 30 second song, preferably with an instrumental CD or acapella. Backing tracks with vocals are not permitted. Remember to bring your resume and a headshot.
What To Do For the Auditions – January 9, 2016
The auditions for the dance will be on Saturday, January 9, 2016. We suggest you to come in appropriate and comfortable clothes to show your flexible moves. Jazz or character shoes are appropriate, but not required. Callbacks will be held on the same day after the dance auditions.
Callbacks may include performing in the scenes from the show, singing with the partners, or working with cast members. You can contact us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or conflicts.
Auditions for Roles
Currently, casting team is looking for the following roles.
- Chess: A gentleman who is full of tricks and riddles. He is a guide, protector, friend and he enjoys Marian and her stories. He will be leading in the singing parts and has romantic interest as well.
- Zeus: He leads with a few singing parts. He is the King of Gods who acts in his own self-interest. He creates trouble when he isn’t the center of attention.
- Woman One: She will be in a supporting singing role. She will portray several characters including Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter and Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice.
- Man One: He will portray several character including Jon Snow from Game of Thrones and Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter and will support major singing parts.
- Man Two: He will appear in a few singing parts and portray several characters such as Sean Bean, Peeta Mellark, and Peter Pan.
- Man Three: He will portray characters including Harry Potter and Fitzwilliam Darcy. They will have a minor role with a few singing parts.
- Ensemble One: They will depict diverse supporting ensemble roles in different worlds.
- Ensemble Two: They will also portray a variety of supporting ensemble positioned in different worlds.
Rehearsals will be conducted weekly in May 2016. Please make sure that you submit and fill all your details on
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PNEiMKCqB8D4_Bpf3tCp0U5mGJ1eDq4uJthLY0iW3tI/viewform?c=0&w=1 latest by Friday, January 8, 2016.
When: Thursday, January 7, 2016 to Saturday January 9, 2016
Where: Orlando, Florida